It’s summer, and what is summer without ice-creams, flushes, and chilled juices? You might have read this quote, “To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art” – La Rochefoucauld. Over the years, we have almost forgotten that even without adding sugars, honey, maple syrups, we can prepare desserts. Yes, if you intend to add fruits to your desserts, you surely don’t require sugars.
Fruits are the best natural sweeteners; it not only gives you a sweet flavor but also connects your taste buds to their natural flavors. You don’t even have to add artificial sweeteners to your desserts if you are adding fruits to it. In this weight-loss period, where we all are looking for something pleasurable to our sweet tooth and yet healthy, we bring you this sweet cheat with frozen yogurt bites!
We want to satisfy our sweet tooth but also don’t want to put all our “losing weight” efforts in the drain. Don’t worry; fruits are always here to rescue us! Fruits not only save our efforts from going in the drains but also give us additional benefits that, like our taste buds satisfies the nourishment requirements of our other essential body elements like our blood sugar levels, heart, and so on. So it’s like the best super combo pack!
So find some recipes in which you can replace sugars with fruits. Well, then here is a sweet cheat trail of recipes for you. In each sweet cheat article, you will get to know one recipe which you can have as a dessert without worrying about your weight. So here is some easy way to make frozen yogurt bites for starters.
Frozen Yogurt bites
- Yields: 1
- Prep time: 10-20 mins
- Total time: 2 hrs 20 mins
- 1 (50 g) Greek plain yogurt low-fat container
- 45 g (3 tbsp) Skim Milk
- 50 g Strawberry
- 20 g Raspberry
- 20 g Blueberry
- 20 g Blackberry
Method To Follow
- Line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners.
- Puree the strawberries.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt and milk, strawberry puree.
- Pour a small amount of strawberry yogurt into each liner.
- Top it with pieces of raspberry, alternate the berry toppings every time.
- Fill yogurt cups with remaining yogurt mixture and top with another piece of berry.
- Freeze until solid, at least up to 2 hours, or even up to a week covered.
- Remove the frozen yogurt bites from the freezer, remove the liner, and serve frozen.
Tips To Remember
- You can add more strawberry puree to add strawberry flavor to the yogurt.
- You can even add pieces of a single type of berry each liner in the yogurt mixture rather than topping it up.
- You can use milk in place of skim milk.
Nutritional Values Of Frozen Yogurt Bites