Here’s another recipe for weight watchers! This recipe can efficiently replace any snack, biscuit, dessert, high tea snack. Oats have a great role in reducing weight.Oats help in reduction of total cholesterol, low density cholesterol,without having any effect on high density cholesterol. Fibers ensure satiety without having to over eat. Researchers suggest potential health effects by improving immunity to reducing obesity and chronic disease. Oats and their fibers efficiently reduces constipation and smoothens functioning of Gastrointestinal tract.Studies state that higher the amount of whole grains lower the BMI ( Body Mass Index).
Carrots are enriched with antioxidants and offer many other health benefits. 100g of red carrots consists of 2706-3004 microgram of β-carotene, 7570-7982 microgram total carotene, 6.76-8.32mg of Vit C and 224-269.1 microgram lutein. Whereas 100g of orange carrots have 5423-5873 microgram of β-carotene, 9377-10,470 microgram of total carotene, 6.22-8.21mg Vit.C and 257-320 microgram lutein.
Lutein is good for eyes whereas its vit.C stores boost immune system. High fiber content helps to ease constipation.
According to RDA( recommended dietary allowance) women should have atleast 25g of fiber and men 30g of fiber everyday, especially if they are wanting to lose weight in a healthy way.
Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
Yields: 5 cookies
- 35g Oats
- 23g(approx. 5 tsp) Carrots
- 30g (2 Tbsp) Whole grain wheat flour
- 2.5g (approx. 1/2 tsp) Baking powder
- 2.5g (approx. 1/2 tsp) Cinnamon
- 0.5g (approx. A pinch)Nutmeg
- 10g (approx. 2 tsp)Coconut oil/Unsalted Butter
- 7.5g(Approx. Half egg white) Egg white
- 0.3g (according to taste)Vanilla extract
- 20g (approx. 4tsp) Dates syrup(check out tips)
- 25ml Non-fat Milk
- Peel the carrot, grate, and measure it.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg.In another mixing bowl, whisk coconut oil/melted butter, egg white, vanilla extract, dates syrup, milk.
- Add the flour mixture into it and stir while adding. Gently fold in the grated carrot to the dough.
- Chill the dough for 30mins.
- Preheat the oven for 160o C/325o F, and line the bakind tray with a parchment paper.
- Line 5 cookies out of the cookie dough on the lined tray, and flatten them with the help of a spatula.
- Bake at 160oC for 10-13 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10-15mins on the baking tray.
- For Dates syrup-Wash the dates and soak them in hot water for 2 hours in a bowl. Mash the dates with a masher, strain through a cheesecloth to get the liquids. Place the pulp back into the bowl add more water, mash, and filter again. Add this water to a heavy bottom pan, boil and stir to prevent burning. Boil until it thickens, like the consistency of honey. Avoid over boiling. The syrup will settle down as it cools and it becomes glossy.
- Substitutes for whole wheat flour- Millet flour, Tapioca flour, Brown rice flour.
- Can substitute any milk for non-fat milk.
- Use freshly grated carrots only, do not use pre-grated carrots.
- Use a kitchen measuring scale to weigh the ingredients for exact measures.
- Energy- 362Kcal
- Protein- 11.3g
- Carbohydrate- 48.3g
- Fiber- 10g