Fruits are the delicious, edible, and fleshy parts of the trees or plants containing seeds. You can include fruits in a daily diet plan to improve overall health and eliminate the dangers of certain diseases. Fruits contain many amounts of the nutrients required for our body. So, let’s understand the health benefits of eating fruits daily.
Fruits Or Its Juices: Which Gives You More Benefits?
It is preferred to eat fruits in its whole form and is considered to be the best way of attaining all benefits of fruits. But if you are not able to chew properly, homemade juices come to the rescue, which gives almost the same amount of nutrients as whole fruits.
Fruits have many plant compounds, fibers; therefore, their sugar contents are digested slowly. It doesn’t spike your blood sugar level. But the same features do not fit packed fruit juices. These packed fruit juices have lots of added preservatives, and it makes the juice as same as sugary soft beverages. Also, juices affect blood sugar levels due to the loss of its nutritious part, mainly fibers.
Interesting Facts About Fruits
- The best advice is to have fruits with their skins if they are edible to eat. It gives you more nutritional benefits due to the fibrous content of fruit.
- Eat more seasonal fruits because of their freshness. Also, they give more benefits by dealing with the common health ailments that come with the season. E.g., watermelon is eaten in summer to avoid dehydration.
- The maximum nutrients body gets from the fruits is when they are eaten raw. Once you cook or store them, they lose their nutritional values because of high heat or additives, respectively.
- Never eat fruits with a meal as acidity or any digestive problems may happen. Fruits are slightly acidic. Therefore, the best time to eat fruits is before or after 1-2 hours gap.
- Avoid drinking water immediately after consuming fruits as it can lead to acidity.
- It is always advised to have fruits on an empty stomach or after a light meal; it delays the greying of hair, dark circles, balding problems, etc.
- Morning time is said to be the ideal time for having fruits as it helps in the detoxication process and weight loss.
Nutrition Facts About Fruits
- Eating fruits regularly benefits your body. They are natural sources of minerals and vitamins, which require the proper functioning of the body.
- Fruits are rich in dietary fibers; they help improve the functioning of the digestive tract. Thus, reducing any chances of constipation and diverticulosis.
- Fruits are an important part of a healthy diet; they give ample energy without any unnecessary and added calories.
- Fruits contain minimal sodium and harmful fats. Hence, they are healthy for your heart.
- Fruits are rich in potassium, which is vital to keep your blood pressure regulated.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant found in fruits, especially citrus fruits. They are beneficial in treating the common cold, teeth, gums, wound healing, healthy skin, and to maintain a healthy lymphatic system.
- Dry fruits are excellent laxatives. They are a great natural remedy for anemic conditions, acidosis, fever, and sexual weakness. They help in healthy weight gain, promote eye, teeth, and bone health.
- Fruits are also rich in folic acids, which is an essential nutrient for pregnant women. Folate is known to reduce the risk of neural tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly, occurring during fetal development.
By looking at all the nutritious importance of fruits, I can say eating fruits daily is required for the well-being of health and mood.
Health Benefits Of Eating Fruits Daily
1. Enhance Energy Levels
When you eat fruits, it immediately boosts the energy level. It is one of the prime health benefits of eating fruits daily when you have busy schedules. This is why athletes usually have fruits during and after exercise, and expecting mothers are also recommended to have fruits.
2. Help To Treat Cancer
Vitamin-rich fruits like goji berry, Camu Camu, soursop, and citrus fruits are the best for liver and breast cancer. When consumed daily, they have a hepatoprotective property which helps in driving away cancer.
3. Kidney Stones
Fruits packed with vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, are the best for dissolving kidney stones. Also, these fruits have low sodium content, which helps people suffering from a painful condition. However, we suggest consulting a doctor for kidney problems and refrain from self-medication.
4. Prevent Diseases
The combination of various powerful nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, antioxidants makes fruits advantageous for health. The daily intakes of fruits keep the body away from certain health conditions such as heart problems, cancer, indigestion, diabetes, etc.
The daily consumption of fruits eliminates vitamins and minerals deficiencies. Also, fruits have a fair amount of water and fiber to keep your digestive tract clean and your weight under control.
5. Helps In Weight Management
Once you start adding fruit in a daily diet, you will notice your weight is getting under control and well-being of health. Eating fruits daily promotes a healthy weight loss. However, do exercise with it to aid the process of losing weight.
Some fruits, such as lychee, have a negligible amount of calories and also contain no saturated fats and cholesterol. Thus, it helps to cut down excess body fat. Also, coconut, avocados, and olives are fat-free.
6. Glowing Skin
Fruits keep your skin hydrated and nourishes it with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, retaining your radiant skin. Acne is one of the most irritating skin disorders that can affect people of any age.
Apples are the best option for treating acne. Eat the skin of the apple, which has a high level of pectin that helps control constipation, which can be a trigger for acne. Bananas also help to alleviate acne since they are high in fiber that helps to relieve constipation. Berries have excellent cleansing properties; they keep you protected from skin disorders. If you eat grapes during the day, it will help to cleanse your skin and body. Lemon juice slowly eliminates the signs and scars from acne spots.
Apart from including fruits in your diet, watch your other food habits too. Reduce caffeine consumption as it increases certain hormones in your body and thus increases acne. Reduce eating red meat and dairy intake as they aggravate your hormonal generation, resulting in acne. Keep your skin clean by frequently washing with mild face wash or any herbal soap.
7. Healthy Hair
Fruits contribute significantly to long and healthy hair. Vitamin A in fruits brings luster to your hair and also softens its texture. Eating fruits on an empty stomach helps to prevent hair loss and premature greying. Citrus fruits are excellent hair stimulants. The vitamin C present in citrus fruits prevents hair loss, also keeping your hair shiny and healthy. Fruits like strawberries, kiwis, and pineapple are also known for promoting hair growth. Fruits ensure healthy hair growth and keep your locks lustrous and soft.
These benefits for your hair health can also be enjoyed through hair masks.
- Many beauty professionals recommend melon and banana hair masks for hair care at home.
- You can make a paste of lemon juice and aloe vera and apply it to your hair. Keep the paste for approximately 45 minutes, and then thoroughly wash your hair with a mild shampoo. These packs not only improve the quality of hair but also remove scalp disorders like dandruff, itching, etc.
- Avocado contains an impressive amount of vitamin E, which is very good for hair. Avocado hair masks help to strengthen hair and delay premature greying.
- Coconuts promote healthy hair growth. Coconut oil is used extensively for hair care throughout the tropical world.
8. Aid In Digestion
The skins of fruits are rich in dietary fiber that help in proper digestion and the excretion process of your body, and simultaneously keeps you safe from problems like gastritis and constipation. Few fruits are thick-skinned, like in lemons, melons, bananas, and oranges, and are difficult to consume by humans. In such cases, the edible part of flesh within the skin has plenty of fiber.
The fiber content in fruit has a brilliant laxative effect. They make you feel full by adding bulk nutrition to the diet. Fibrous fruits also benefit conditions like heart diseases by reducing hyperlipidemia and hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and obesity. This fibrous composition in fruits have anti-carcinogenic properties and are known to prevent colon cancer and fight bowel irregularity disorders.
9. Healthy Heart
Fruits like apples, bananas, apricots, cantaloupes, berries, grapefruits, and oranges are great for protecting your heart; they are rich in flavonoids, fiber, potassium, carotenoids, and magnesium. Fruits contain vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin K, and folate. They aid in regulating cholesterol levels and preventing diseases like stroke, atherosclerosis, and heart attack.
10. Treat Diabetes
Fruits like apples, avocados, cherries, bananas, oranges, peaches, plums, etc., have a low glycaemic index (GI) less than 55. They help in controlling the blood sugar levels. Also, processed and canned fruits are not healthy; they contain artificial sweeteners, so always eat fresh fruits to gain maximum benefits.
11. Prevents Multimorbidity
It is the medical condition where two or more chronic disorders are present in a body. Consuming fruits enriched with vitamin C and E can help alleviate the situation effectively—antioxidants found in oranges and berries help too. Consuming antioxidants strengthens your immune system and keeps your body away from chronic diseases.